Sunday, September 04, 2005

In the words of Ice Cube, today was a good day. I got up around noon, had a bagel and water. After that, I played tennis with my friend Alex and sweated profusely. After a lunch of steak and eggs, we played poker with some of my teaching buddies for three hours. I lost, but it was a lot of fun. Alex and I ate dinner at Las Vacas Gordas, and the meat was amazing. I ate stomach and blood sausage for the first time. I think I'm going to bed early tomorrow and do some grading in the morning.

I think that in some ways, your occupation really does define who you are. I am still getting used to the idea of being labeled a teacher, even though that's exactly what I am. But I am more of a work-to-live type person than a live-to-work one. My job is not all of me, but it is a very important part. I am a teacher, but I am also someone who just wants to be with friends, eat good food, and relax. Anyways, today was a good day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, hopefully you'll never have to use your AK!

I'm glad you had a good day! You are deserving my friend.

I hope the grading goes smoothly...always remember that to me you are JJ Moorebucks first, teacher second.

Give 'em hell. PEACE

4:39 PM

 
Blogger Rog said...

I'm feelin you on the "defined by job" thoughts. Sounds like a good day to me, wish I could've partaken with ya.

7:38 PM

 
Blogger Mo said...

Damn,

What about this day as a high school student teacher?

11:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home