Monday, September 26, 2005

Today was FCAT retake day. Very little learning took place. I had 11 students in my first block, second block was skipped, and I had 8 in my third block. I had planning after lunch, in which I had to cover for a teacher who was interviewing for another job (who, by the way, is the incompetent, annoying, but nice guy who "took" my job, and has had a hellish time controlling his classes). Half of his students had no books to do their work in so I annoyed them until they helped me decorate my room.

My room looks good now. Student work is up all over the place. I had my students do an art project where they created a picture that represented one of the first 10 amendments to the Constitution. Most picked the 1st (freedom of speech, worship, etc), 2nd (right to bear arms), 5th (search and seizure) or 8'th (cruel and unusual punishment). So I have 4 HUGE murals around the back part of my room. I also have some Freshmen work up.

I had more kids than seats in the last period of the day because I had to take care of students whose teacher was proctoring the FCAT. I focused on my kids, but the lesson took a nosedive in the first 5 minutes. So, very little learning happened in my class today, but I got a lot done. I stayed at school to finish decorating my room and grade.

I'm sleeping in until 5:45 tomorrow which feels late now. I'm tired when I get home but I am used to waking up early. The routine is starting to feel a little bit comfortable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey John I got your phone message...but my phone has been broken and I just got a new one and I don't have your number. The one in my records I think is your old number. So give me another call, my number is the same!!! Or e-mail me your number. Talk to you later pimp!! Peace

4:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home